· Parents are the primary educators of their children and the role of our school is to support and foster the education that has begun at home.
· Providing a wide range of academic, athletic, spiritual and artistic opportunities will help our students to reach their full potential.
· Our goal is to help students become Christian leaders, responsible citizens and life-long learners.
· Positive classroom environments with dedicated staff members who strive to engage all learners.
· A wide variety of extra-curricular activities that appeal to a range of talents, interests and skill sets.
· A Learning Assistance Department that believes in inclusion, dignity of the individual and the desire to make every student successful.
· Opportunities for academic exploration and enrichment.
· A learning environment that nurtures a Christian behaviour among students, a respectful attitude towards peers, school authorities, and a respect for all property.
Our Catholic Faith, its morals and values are integrated in every grade throughout the curriculum. Religion is more than just a subject we study; it is a way of life. Prayer, scripture studies, discussion and debates are just some of the ways we bring faith to life for our students. We celebrate Mass as a school community once a week and Eucharistic Adoration is held once a month. Our Parish Priests make regular visits to the classroom to talk and interact with the students. Students in grades 2-7 receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation regularly throughout the year. Sacraments are milestone pillars in our Catholic Faith. Our Sacramental program years are Grade 2 (First Confession and First Communion) and Grade 7 (Confirmation).
Our students are encouraged to look beyond themselves and their own needs to help local and international charity causes. We have speakers from various organizations come and present to the students so that they understand the purpose of their prayers and donations, and see how their actions can make a tangible difference in the lives of others. At St. Catherine’s, we believe that one person can make a difference and that we need to be the positive change we hope to see in the world.
Administration and Staff at St. Catherine’s collaborate to create a dynamic and meaningful educational experience for its students. School wide initiatives throughout the curriculum subjects ensure continuity and growth of fundamental skills as students move up through the grades.
We offer a full K-7 French Language and Music Program. Information Technology (IT) is integrated into classroom lessons and is a valuable tool our students are encouraged to use to enhance their learning.
At St. Catherine’s, we make learning interactive and fun. Classroom teachers plan hands on lessons and experiments, field trips that compliment the curriculum and visits from knowledgeable guest speakers. This allows students many opportunities to extend their learning beyond the textbook and become critical thinkers of the world around them.
St. Catherine’s School is committed to educating the whole person and students are strongly encouraged to join the many extra-curricular activities that we offer.