CISVA THEME FOR 2020-2021:
Our CISVA theme for 2020-2021 is Walk with Jesus Our Living Hope.
The primary goal of Christian Education in Kindergarten is the realization that God created each of us and the whole world, and we all have a place in God’s family. Students will be introduced to:
- Stories from Scripture such as Jesus’ parables and miracles
- Celebrations of the liturgical year including Christmas, Easter, and the Mass
- Traditional prayers of the Church
- Christian outreach opportunities
- Developing a relationship with Jesus and knowing that His love is eternal ❤️
SUPPORTING CLASSROOM LEARNING:
Letter of the Week: Practice printing the letter (upper & lowercase, tripod grip, top to bottom & left to right progression). Draw pictures that start with the letter of the week!
Extensions: Sound out and label your pictures using phonetic (invented) spelling.
Number of the Week: Practice printing the numeral (tripod grip, top to bottom & left to right progression). Draw a picture to represent the quantity!
Extensions: Practice printing the number word, represent the quantity with tally marks, write a number sentence (addition/subtraction resulting in the number of the week), draw the dots on a picture of a domino, fill in the ten frame(s), find the number on a number line, find the number on a number chart, discuss what comes before/after the number of the week.