Welcome to Grade 5! Our school-wide theme for 2019-2020
I Can Do All Things Through Christ
February 18th, 2020
- Gold Rush Newspaper due Feb 20th
- Saint project due February 24th
- Good copy smoking essay due Friday
- Matilda chapter 17 and 18 due Monday
- Math page 265-266 #1&2 workbook page 67 due tomorrow
- Religion writing due Thursday
Chapter 10 Science Study Guide
Non- Renewable resource
what is an extracted resource?
Questions to focus on
- List at least 2 non renewable resources found in B.C
- How many people is needed to open a mine, and name these people?
- What do fossil fuels provide?
- What is the process of Reclamation?
- What are the steps in processing copper?
- Two reasons that humans must find a resource to replace fossil fuels.
Other things to know:
- What an open pit mine looks like (be able to sketch)
- What an underground mine looks like (be able to sketch)
- Where is the ore deposits found in both an underground mine and open pit mine