(click on above images)
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Prayer Corner: Share a personal item with the classroom prayer corner
- Prayer Pamphlet: The Luminous Mysteries due Monday, April 30
- Multiplication Grid Set 40 & 41
- Find Graphs (Pictographs/bar graphs) in Media. Use the Internet and print a graph(s) for class.
- FSA Set I # 4 & 5 due Friday, May 11th
- Brain Booster Test # 5 # 10 – 15 due Monday, May 14th
- Fact Families: Set F & G (division)
- Mad Minute C- 45 & C – 51
- Chapter 4 Review Data Relationships
- Bar Graphs: Noise News and New Look
- students can visit the link below and use their password to complete online Math lessons
- complete good copy of paragraph on the plants of the Savannah due Wednesday, May 16th
- rough draft on the Threats to the Savannah
- complete package: Bill Nye the Science Guy – The Moon
Terrestrial and Aquatic Biomes[/su_spoiler]
Below is a link t0 “Scratch” an online coding site. Students can access this site by using their Username and Password.
- What is a Main Idea? Writing Roundup # 1 – 3 and rough copy of paragraph due Friday, May 18th
- Week 19 due Thursday, May 3
- Canadian Handwriting Book D pg. 53 & 54 due Wednesday, May 23.
- FSA “A Change in the Weather”” due Monday, May 714h use a thesaurus and figures of speech (simile, metaphor, and personification, and dialogue)
- Quick Write: “Meteor Shower” and “I Want to be Wild, Beautiful, and Free Like the Sea”
- memorize lines and practice play for May 24 & May 25
- Important Speech Arts Dates: The students must be prepared to present their three categories chosen for the speech arts competition in the classroom on Monday, March 26th. The top three students in each category from Grade Four will compete among the intermediate grades on Friday, April 6th. Winners from this intermediate competition will represent St. Catherine’s at a regional speech arts competition to be held at St. John Brebeuf on Wednesday, April 11.
- Student categories are bible reading, poetry, storytelling, speech, and character recitation. Please help prepare your child for this competition.
Extended Learning Opportunities:
- research any of the following topics: create a newspaper, space travel and problems faced by astronauts, dog breeds, monarch butterfly, conveyors and robotics used in factories, confetti, banana oil, wedding traditions, dentistry (false teeth), trains, animal adaptations (furry coats)…