(click on above images)
Date: Friday, September 21, 2018
Virtue of the Month: Hospitality – the friendly, generous reception and treatment of guests or visitors
What “covers a multitude of sins?” A) Penance B) Tears C) Charity
When Jesus was baptized, the Holy Spirit came in what form? A) Fire B) Dove C) Wind D) None of the Above
Spreading gossip is against which commandment? A) The Seventh Commandment B) The Eighth Commandment C) The Ninth Commandment
To think deeply about God’s Word is an example of what kind of prayer? A) Meditation B) Vocal prayer C) Petition
- Addition Fact Strategies: Addition Strategy: Zero facts due Monday, September 24
- Addition Fact Families: Set 5 due Friday, September 21
- FSA Set A # 1 – 3 due Monday, September 24th
- Mad minute A-13 due Monday, September 24th
- Quick Math: PA4 – 7 Extending a Pattern Using a Rule and PA4 – 8 Identifying Pattern rules due Friday, September 24
- students must return “Addition Flash Card” letter signed. Students are asked to practice addition facts on a daily basis for 5 to 10 minutes.
- students can visit the link below and use their password to complete online Math lessons
- Complete study cards on the words: circumnavigate, flora, fauna, extinction, species, invasive species, ecosystem, predator, environment, and habitat
Terrestrial and Aquatic Biomes[/su_spoiler]
Below is a link t0 “Scratch” an online coding site. Students can access this site by using their Username and Password.
- FSA “Lost” and Letter corrections due Monday, September 24th
- Quick Spelling 2: accidentally, excitement, and possess – continue to learn the spelling of these three words
- Week 2 due Thursday, September 27th
Extended Learning Opportunities:
- read the “The Letter of James” found in the New Testament. This can be done on your own or with a parent/guardian. Record some of the sayings of Saint James, i.e. “Let everyone be first to listen”, “Discipline yourselves”, “He who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct “. Use “Creative Ways to Present Student Learning” link for ideas to present sayings.
- Research and present facts on snake(s). Use “Creative Ways to Present Student Learning” link for ideas to present research.
- Write a letter to the B.C. Wildlife Federation (BCWF) seeking information about their organization. Here is a link to their site: http://www.bcwf.net/ The mailing address is #101 – 9706 188th Street, Surrey, B.C. V4N 3M2. Report the response to the class. Here is an example of a formal letter that can be used as a template:
- Research and report – use “Creative Ways to Present Student Learning” link for ideas to present your work – on geosphere and hydrosphere. You may also research and report on the different layers of the atmosphere. Some scientists include two other spheres, the lithosphere and cryosphere. The six spheres are the biosphere, geosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, cryosphere and lithosphere.